To become a member and maintain garden membership, an individual must:
1. Be a current and on-going resident of the City of Long Beach. A business address does not qualify. Proof of residency must be provided at the time of admittance and upon annual renewal.
Acceptable forms of verification are as follows:
California driver’s license or California ID card, AND
Current utility bill with Long Beach address. Acceptable bills are: Southern California Edison, City of Long Beach Services (water, garbage, etc.) or phone bill.
2. Sign a LBCGA Agreement and abide by the current Bylaws and Rules & Agreements of the LBCGA.
3. Be assigned a garden plot and actively garden said plot.
4. Perform a minimum of 4 hours of Community Service annually.
5. Remain current with all association garden dues and fees.
Special Notes Regarding Member Eligibility
Each Long Beach residential address may be assigned only one plot.
Plots are assigned by the Board of Directors and cannot be transferred, exchanged or sublet to another person. Plots may only be reassigned at the discretion of the Board.
Each member shall keep the 1st Vice President (Membership Chair) notified of his/her most current address and telephone number and preferably an email address. Any correspondence mailed or emailed to the members addresses on file, either physical or email, is considered delivered. If a member moves out of the City of Long Beach, he/she must inform the 1st Vice President immediately and relinquish the plot.
Upon a member’s death, the spouse or significant other of the same address may take over the garden plot as a member in his/her own right.